Many people come to us with questions about hard water. They ask things like: What is hard water? What are the consequences of hard water? How can I fix my hard water? First of all, hard water is just water with a high mineral content. It isn’t bad for you to consume, but it can be harmful to your plumbing pipes, water heater, and appliances, and it can cause other problems as well. At Rooter-Man Plumbers, we specialize in water treatment including water filtration and water softeners, and we can help implement a plan at your home to improve your water quality in Tomball.
The Benefits of Treating Your Hard Water with a Water Softener
- Your plumbing pipes will be less likely to become disrupted by mineral buildup. Hard water can be very destructive on pipes. Residue builds up more and more over time and can result in pipe corrosion, water leaks, or a decrease in water pressure.
- Your water heater will work more efficiently. When hard water causes mineral deposits to build up in your water heater, the heating element will not work as efficiently and you’ll end up paying more on your utility bills.
- Your laundry will come out cleaner and softer. Hard water can make your clothes or linens come out looking dull and dingy. Softened water will help your laundry detergent to lather better (so you can use a little less and save a little money) and everything will come out cleaner when the minerals are removed.
- Appliances that are impacted by hard water will be given the opportunity to last longer. Softened water is better for appliances than hard water. With reduced mineral buildup, your appliance life expectancy increases.
- It will be easier to wash your bathroom. The residue left behind by hard water can be difficult to scrub away, but soft water will leave less buildup behind.
- Your hair and skin will feel softer and healthier. Hard water prevents the proper removal of soap scum, so you leave the tub with a thin residue of soap on your body, which can leave your hair and skin feeling dryer than it should. The water softener will allow you to thoroughly rinse and will also make your soaps and shampoos lather up better.
Do you think your home has hard water? Do the benefits of a water softener sound appealing? At Rooter-Man plumbers, we have the water treatment solution that’s right for you. Give us a call today to take the first step in improving water quality at your Tomball or North Houston home!