Spring is right around the corner here in Houston, Texas. And this time of year many like to clean, organize, and de-clutter their homes. If you are in the process of making a to-do list for spring cleaning, consider adding these plumbing maintenance suggestions to the list.
1. Replace missing or broken drain strainers. Drain strainers prevent soap, hair, food, and other objects from clogging your drains. They may be a pain to clean out, but it’s better than having to call a plumber about a blocked pipe.
2. Check faucets for drips and leaks. Dripping water can add a surprising amount to your water bill. Make the repairs.
3. Check under sinks for leaking pipes. Look for dampness, warped boards, or mold. If you have a leaking pipe, call a plumber to make repairs.
4. Clean your showerhead. Soak in vinegar overnight, and then scrub and rinse in the morning.
5. Flush your water heater. Drain several gallons of water from the water heater to remove sediment or corrosion.
6. Test the sump pump. Pour a couple of gallons of water in the pit and run the pump. It should turn on, do the job, and turn off.
7. Look for a slow leak. Before going to bed or leaving the house for work, check the water meter and record the reading. The next morning, or after work, without using any water, check the meter again. If the reading has changed you have a slow leak. Call a plumber to make repairs.
8. Show older family members where the shut off valve is and how to use it.
Spring cleaning is a great opportunity to do some general plumbing maintenance and inspections. You rely on your home’s plumbing system to bring you clean water, hot water, and comfort year long. Simple maintenance is important to its health. And for those jobs that need a professional hand, call Houston, Texas’ reliable plumber- Rooter Man.
So if you are looking for a professional plumber you can trust consider giving Rooter Man a call. We have the tools, knowledge, and experience to handle all your plumbing installation, repairs and maintenance. For testimonials, money saving tips, and coupons visit us on the web. When you have a problem its Rooter Man plumbers to the rescue!