There are several Mayhem commercials that make light of winter problems. The main point the commercials intend to get across is for homeowners to be prepared. Disaster can strike at any time, and no one wants to be caught unprepared. This year, Rooter-Man wanted to offer our clients a few helpful plumbing tips. Prepare yourselves! Winter is coming! While this is not Game of Thrones, the classic line is still vital. No one wants to be in the middle of the coldest months of the year and have a broken water or sewer line. Avoid this problem with these helpful winterization tips.
Fall Plumbing Maintenance Tips
- Hoses and sprinklers should be disconnected and stored
- Inspect all hose bibbs or outdoor spigots, faucets, fixtures, and pipes for drips or leaks. Be sure to have these repaired before winter.
- Insulate all exposed pipes in areas such as crawl spaces or along exterior walls.
- Have your hot water heater inspected. This ensures your unit will continue working through the winter months without problems. Our plumbing technicians can spot potential problems and offer solutions before it gets too cold.
- Schedule routine maintenance for your furnace and sewer/septic systems.
- Clear all gutters and downspouts of leaves and debris that have collected. Be sure to do this regularly throughout the fall so that they are always clear. Debris can cause major problems if not cleared before winter. As the water collects and freezes, the weight can become too much for the gutter, causing it to rip from the wall. The water could also collect and freeze on the roof, causing serious damage.
Now, these are only a few of the many tips you can follow to be prepared for the winter months. For more information or to schedule a routine maintenance inspection, give us a call today. We are always available to help answer your questions and resolve your plumbing problems. Remember, no matter what issue you may experience, it’s Rooter-Man to the Rescue!